Jibo is a responsive ClassiPress 3.3 child theme enhanced with new features that extend the ClassiPress theme. Besides features, Jibo brings a beautiful, well-crafted design that increases you site reputation in the eyes of the audience. Some of the features built into Jibo include:
Jibo is designed to fit nicely in all modern devices including Smartphones and Tablets.
Grid – List based layout design:
- the user can switch between List and Grid layout with a click of a button.
- new site visitors are presented with grid layout by default but this can be set to list as well ( there’s is an admin option built for this ).
- a site wide cookie is being set for the user to save the default selected layout, this way, the users will see the preferred layout design when they browse your site and even if they close the browser and come back later, the will be presented with the same design.
- the home, single, blog and author pages got a new tabbing system based on jQuery-UI Tabs.
- “Recent ads” (3rd tab) is presented by default to new visitors but this can be changed to a different tab ( there’s is an admin option built for this ).
- the first tab is best used as a description page which is great for SEO (you can edit it in admin, html editor is enabled so you can use both text and images)
- Popular and Random ads front tabs can be disabled from admin for every visitor or only for the ones that use a mobile device.
Infinite scroll pagination
- Besides default pagination that exists in Classipress, Jibo has an optional pagination based on Infinite Scroll. Using this feature, visitors won’t have to click on page links to navigate in category pages because its enough to scroll down and new ads (pages) are loaded on the fly using ajax.
- This feature is optional, it can be enabled/disabled in Jibo admin settings.
Support for Google Adsense between every 3rd ad
- Now you can include an Adsense ad (468×60 recommended) after every 3rd ad on category pages.
- Better yet (see bellow), these Adsense ads play well accross mobile devices.
Support for Google Adsense Mobile Responsive ads
- Jibo now has support for Google’s new Asynchronous code for Adsense which means Adsense ads won’t break the Mobile experience anymore.
- each sticky (featured ad) is presented with a distinct “Premium” ribbon, different background and active yellow border.
- all featured ads stick on top of normal ads both on category pages and on search page.
Sorting / Filtering ads
Category pages include a sorting / filtering ads option
Users can sort ads by:
- Newest ads ;
- Oldest ads;
- Price – Lowest
- Price – Highest
- Most viewed ads first
- Most commented ads first
Users can exclude following ads:
- Ads without an image attached
- Ads that were marked as sold
- Ads that expired
- Both ads that were sold and ads that expired
Mark sold and/or expired ads
- Sold ads or the ones that expired can be marked with a “Sold/Expired” text overlay over the loop images
- Title and descriptions are marked with a line-through the middle of the text so your visitors will know that the item/ad is no longer available.
- Both these features are optional and can be enabled/disabled individually in Admin settings.
Custom field in post-meta
- There’s an admin option to include an existing or a new custom field you may have created, in category loop pages for every ad like this: “Category | Author | cp_custom_field | Clock”.
- Any existing field can be used. Default is cp_state so it prints the state location for every ad. You can change it to cp_city or even cp_telephone (if its defined).
- Another nice feature about this field is that when it’s clicked, it triggers an advanced filter for that custom field within the current category to show only ads that include that value.
- The default background is now “White” but you have the option to choose your own background color (color picker enabled) or you can upload a background image from your computer. The settings can be found in WordPress Admin under Appearance – Background.
- For those that don’t want to use Google Maps, there’s a Child Theme admin option to disable both Google Maps and the external js file loaded for the maps.
Custom image dimensions
- Jibo uses custom (bigger) images for better appearance. (Please see the install section regarding these custom images)
- Single ad pages are extended with a set of 5 random related ads from the same category.
Where are the category icons?
- Category icons are not included into the childtheme, these are only for demo childtheme.
- However, its pretty easy to add your own icons, Google search for “free icon set” and get the icons that are representative for each of your main categories.
- 2nd, follow this tutorial written by Seth on how to Add Category Icons to Classipress.
Why are my thumbnail images stretched?
- Jibo child theme uses custom image dimensions which means you need to regenerate your existing thumbnails for this to look fine.
- You need to install the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and run it from WP-Admin – Tools
- Backup your existing Database and Classipress files to a safe place.
- Upload the childtheme to your themes folder or upload the zip archive through WP-Admin – Appearance – Themes – Upload
- Activate Jibo Child Theme.
- Disable your Classipress core stylesheets at WP-Admin – Classipress – Settings – Advanced, Check Disable Core Stylesheets.
- Go to WP-Admin – Classipress – Settings – Advanced, and check “Use SelectBox Js Library”.
- You may need to set your menus again. Go to WP-Admin – Appearance – Menus and activate your Header and Footer menu.
- If you had a previous Classipress installation with existing content, your thumbnails may look stretched, you need to regenerate your thumbnails after childtheme activation: Please install the Regenerate thumbnails plugin and run it.
Note: I do not provide support for custom development of the Child Theme. I will generally answer such questions with guidance and even small code samples but do not expect me to do all your work.
1.0 – 10.05.2013 First release
1.1 – 07.06.2013
– fixed category drop down positioning
– fixed empty category layout bug
– fixed featured ads thumbnail ( no image thumb )
– added admin option to choose the default ad listing view presented to new visitors ( Grid / List )
– added admin option to choose default tab presented to new visitors on front page ( Welcome SEO tab / Category List / Recent Ads / )
1.2 – 09.06.2013
– added the option to disable Popular ads and Random ads on front page for every visitor or only to those that use a mobile device.
1.3 – 10.06.2013
– added a new SEO description tab on front page (HTML enabled)
1.4 – 10.07.2013
– Added optional infinite scroll pagination
– Sold and/or expired ads can be marked now
– A custom field can be added in the post-meta
– Users have the option to choose their own background color/image in Jibo Admin Settings
– Google map features have been improved.
1.5 – 10.11.2013
– fixed reported bugs.
– added support for Responsive Google Adsense ads
– added login and register forms combined on the same page
– added support for adsense ads after every 3rd user ad.
1.6 – 11.02.2014
– fixed reported bugs.
– added sorting and filtering ads feature.
1.7 – 12.01.2015
– fixed reported bugs
– fixed compatibility for Classipress 3.4+
1.8 – 06.12.2015
– minor bug fixes
– fixed compatibility for Classipress 3.5+
1.8.1 – 18.03.2016
-fixed the refine widget layout.
Its hard to say, did you try to deactivate all your plugins and see if the price appears again?
What exactly did you transfer from localhost to c-panel? Files only or database too?
my localhost is running on a database i created with laragon, however the site runs on a database i created in c-panel. i only transferred the jibo theme files with file zilla i have not moved databases since the site was already running on a classipress child theme i created and so is somewhat populated with ads. The owner only wanted to see a grid view and a list view that is why i was asked to buy jibo . Also i want to expend the menu bar with the Post an Ad from end to end just like the footer
I like it but i did not install, it’s messed my entire setting. This not a friendly child theme and not good for beginners like me. This is my test site http://www.bosslk.com
-Navigation Bar changed
-Unable to change colors
-Unable to change Search bar color.
Going to try one more try…That’s it.
Hello. Your demos are not working anymore. What’s happening?
Salutare Ovidiu, esti disponibil sa discutam? firstname.lastname@example.org da-mi un semn am nevoie de cateva probleme rezolvate pe Classipost.