v2.0 – 01.04.2016
- plugin has been rebuilt adding compatibility with latest Classipress 3.5.4+
- starting with version 2.0, you can use the plugin to moderate free ads even if the payments system is enabled. Smooth Approve will handle moderation if the total ad cost is 0 (zero).
Handy plugin that enhances default ClassiPress ad status moderation features, adding new options that will help you approve user submitted ads more easily.
So far, these are the options you can use:
Besides the current known options that already exist in ClassiPress; “Published” and “Pending Review”, this plugin introduces 2 new options:
- Select the number of approved and published ads a user needs to have to be able to publish his ads live without your moderation, only moderate those who have less than X number of live ads published.
- You can also choose to save the history of the ads you approve or delete for every user and use that instead of current number of active live ads.
- Every time you approve a pending ad, that user gets 1 point.
- If you delete a published ad, he loses 1 point.
- If you need to delete an active ad without user losing reputation, I suggest you set that ad to draft and then delete it.
- You also have the option to manually edit each user’s reputation score in WP-Admin – Users
- If a user drops to reputation 0, either manually or dynamically, that user won’t be able to gain reputation and post live ads without your intervention.
(This is preferred as it preserves the count if you delete expired ads or you let the users delete their own ads.)
This works similar to a User Reputation System:
This is the best solution if you don’t want or don’t have time to manually review all pending ads but also don’t feel comfortable letting new, untrusted users post live ads. You can even set a higher reputation score needed in order to publish live ads without moderation and then manually edit and raise the reputation of the users you know and trust.
- Install Smooth Approve plugin for ClassiPress either via WordPress admin Plugins page, or by uploading the files to your server (in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory).
- Go to WordPress admin area, click on Plugins menu page and activate “Smooth Approve” plugin.
- After activating the plugin, you will find a new page in ClassiPress menu called “Smooth Approve”.
- Carefully read the instructions on that page for options you may set.
That’s it. You’re ready to go!
v1.0 – 10.04.2013
v1.1 – 23.04.2013
– added option to save the number of approved ads in the database
– added emails to notify both owner and admin on Publish to Pending action
– added the option to send an email to the ad owner of pending ads that are being moved to trash (declined)
– added code required for localization, the plugin is now fully translatable.
v1.2 – 14.05.2013
-added option to save number of deleted ads for each user
– added option to edit user reputation score in wp-admin – users
v1.3 – 30.05.2013
– minor bug fixes
– added .pot translation file
v2.0 – 01.04.2016
– plugin has been rebuilt adding compatibility with latest Classipress 3.5.4
– starting with version 2.0, you can use the plugin to moderate free ads even if the payments system is enabled. Smooth Approve will handle moderation if the total ad cost is 0 (zero).