ClassiPost, the most responsive and user-friendly child theme for ClassiPress on both desktop and mobile devices.
There are many features built into ClassiPost so take your time and have a look at the DEMO site.
Here are some of the features included into ClassiPost:
Mobile Responsive Menu
- features a new responsive menu that responds to mouse hover on desktops and touch events on mobile devices
Responsive Tabs & Accordions
- ClassiPost features an improved tab system that turns into accordion on mobile devices making this the most responsive and mobile friendly child theme for Classipress.
ClassiPost lets you choose how you want your content to be displayed:
- Sidebar aligned to left or right;
- Wide slider carousel
- Wide footer area
- Number of column widgets in the footer ( you can place unlimited number of widgets ).
- ClassiPost has a light, a warm and a dark Yellow color scheme called Sun Glow. You can also choose different colors for various elements across the site.
List / Grid ad layout view:
- the user can switch between List and Grid layout with a click of a button.
- new site visitors are presented with grid layout by default but this can be set to list as well ( there is an admin option built for this ).
- a site wide cookie is being set for the user to save the default selected layout, this way, the users will see the preferred layout design when they browse your site and even if they close the browser and come back later, the will be presented with the same design.
Search and filter by Location
- The top search bar has a unique feature that allows users to search for ads in a specific location using radius search.
- The City field is powered by Google Maps API and includes the options to either determine the user’s current location using Geolocation or to autocomplete the location as the user types the first letters. The locations can be restricted to a specific country in Google Maps settings.
Fully responsive featured ads slider carousel
- The featured ads slider carousel has a better design and it is now fully responsive on both desktop and mobile devices.
Main Image Gallery
- The ad image gallery features a wider area where users can showcase their images and is also backed by a fully responsive lightbox gallery that can accommodate the full size, original uploaded images even in full screen.
- The lightbox gallery can be used with the keyboard arrow keys, the mouse scroll wheel or mouse grab and is also touch enabled so mobile users can easily slide the images with their finger.
Infinite scroll pagination
- Besides default pagination that exists in Classipress, ClassiPost has an optional pagination based on Infinite Scroll. Using this feature, visitors won’t have to click on page links to navigate in category pages because its enough to scroll down and new ads (pages) are loaded on the fly using ajax.
- This feature is optional, it can be enabled/disabled in ClassiPost admin settings.
Support for Google Adsense between every 3rd ad
- Now you can include an Adsense ad (responsive) after every 3rd ad on category pages.
- Better yet (see bellow), these Adsense ads play well accross mobile devices.
Support for Google Adsense Mobile Responsive ads
- ClassiPost has support for Google’s new Responsive code for Adsense which means Adsense ads won’t break the Mobile experience anymore.
- Single ad pages are extended with a set of 5 random related ads from the same category.
- ClassiPost has an options framework integrated so you can change some of the unique features present in this child theme.
Why are my thumbnail images stretched?
- ClassiPost child theme uses custom image dimensions which means you need to regenerate your existing thumbnails for this to look fine.
- You need to install the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and run it from WP-Admin – Tools
Where are the menu items / icons and how can I enable them?
Menu icons can be enabled for the Header menu (Primary Navigation) from within the Menu Editor just like in the screenshot bellow. Note the fa-home icon name in the title attribute.
Valid icon names can be chosen from FontAwesome website. You can choose from over 600 icons.
- Backup your existing Database and Classipress files to a safe place.
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of ClassiPress.
- Upload the childtheme to your themes folder or upload the zip archive through WP-Admin – Appearance – Themes – Upload
- Activate ClassiPost Child Theme.
- Go to ClassiPress – ClassiPost Options and save the settings
- You may need to set your menus again. Go to WP-Admin – Appearance – Menus and activate your Header and Footer menu.
- If you had a previous Classipress installation with existing content, your thumbnails may look stretched, you need to regenerate your thumbnails after childtheme activation: Please install the Regenerate thumbnails plugin and run it.
Note: I do not provide support for custom development of the Child Theme. I will generally answer such questions with guidance and even small code samples but do not expect me to do all your work.
1.0 – Initial Release
1.2.0 – Added a new lightbox feature for main image gallery; Added a new color scheme and options for custom colors in admin; Fixed a few bugs related to Firefox browser;
1.2.2 – Fixed admin color option sanitization.
1.2.3 – Fixed contact form tab link issue.
1.2.4 – Added missing translation strings to classipost.pot
1.3.0 – Added new homepage header feature and a new option to choose how many featured ads are displayed on the homepage
1.3.1 – Fixed homepage header issues
1.3.2 – Modified default image dimensions so WordPress can crop smaller images uploaded by users. Existing image thumbnails require a new Regeneration.
1.3.5 – Fixed some Firefox related bugs.