Simply put, it’s the ultimate plugin to easily populate your JobRoller site with real jobs from the most popular job sites and job aggregators. This handy plugin fetches jobs from RSS feeds and imports them to your jobs database.
Pick your favorite big job site, look for the jobs RSS feed, paste it directly to Go Fetch Jobs and instantly get fresh jobs in your database! It also supports scheduled automatic imports so you can put your job site in full auto-pilot!
Please read more below. For more information and feature details please visit the official site.
– Extract FULL job descriptions, company and company logos directly from the providers site (select providers only)
– Improved Smart Assign (auto assign job types/categories based on jobs content)
Besides the usual title and description, Go Fetch Jobs can also pull company logos (*), job companies and job locations for selected providers. You can also set job categories and job types and custom field values for the jobs being imported. You can even set it to feature the jobs being imported.
There’s plenty of options to control and identify your job imports and you can even save your import settings as templates. These templates, beside simplifying future imports, can be assigned to automatic imports, available through schedules. You can create unlimited schedules to automatically and regularly import jobs. Just specify an existing template, the schedule recurrence and watch your site being refreshed with new jobs on a regular basis.
(*) If you want to display company logos on job listings as in the demo site, and add a ton of new features to your JobRoller site check out my other plugin named FXtender Pro.
Each imported job seamless integrates with your JobRoller site but since these jobs don’t provide an explicit ‘How to Apply’ field the ‘Apply Online’ link will be hidden. Instead, under the ‘How to Apply’ title, your customers will see a (customizable) ‘Click Here To Apply’, link, that links directly to the external job.
Ready to use RSS Feeds Providers
Go Fetch Jobs comes packed with ready to use RSS feeds providers grouped in categories like: Design, Blogging, Gaming, IT, Marketing, etc… Providers include The Guardian, Smashing Magazine, Careerjet, and many others. Just click the feed you want to use!
- Import jobs from any valid RSS feed
- Seamless integration with JobRoller jobs
- Set job duration
- Save import rules as templates
- Company logos on select providers
- Ready to use RSS Feeds, including big sites like jobs.theguardian.com, with detailed setup instructions
- Ready to use RSS feeds from popular job sites including: [careerjet.com](careerjet.com) and [craigslist](cragislist.org)
- Custom RSS builder for select providers that allows creating custom RSS feeds with specific keywords/location, without leaving your site
- Extract and auto-fill job company names and locations on select providers
- Auto assign job types and job categories based on each job content
- Filter imports using keywords
- Automated scheduled imports
For more information and feature details please visit the official site.
Why are jobs not showing full job descriptions ?
Some sites don’t provide full job descriptions on their RSS feeds. This is usually intended to have users still visit the original site to read the full description.
Why don’t all jobs show a logo after importing?
Logos are not available in all RSS feeds and unfortunately, RSS feeds that provide them are still the exception.
How do I import jobs so that they are all automatically assigned to the matching category?
To have imported jobs assigned to their most relevant categories/types you need to enable *Smart Assign* option. This option will scan each imported job looking for terms that match your existing categories/types.
- Download the Plugin zip file
- Open WP Admin dashboard -> Plugins -> Add new -> Upload
- Upload and activate the Plugin from the Plugins page.
- A Go Fetch Jobs menu item will be available on your admin sidebar.
- Fatal error: Declaration of GoFetch_JR_Sample_Table::row() must be compatible with that of GoFetch_JR_HTML_Table::row()
- Existing location info for providers using geolocation tags sometimes not recognized and displayed as ‘Anywhere’
- Additional ‘Settings’ page showing on WP backend sidebar
- Wrong import limit calculation when limit was superior to total jobs in feed
- Check for ‘OpenGraph’ class before loading it (better compatibility with other plugins that use the same class)
- Added ability to search for additional meta data like company name and locations in RSS items title, on select providers
- Added manual actions to schedules: ‘Test’ or ‘Run’
- Added option to extract incomplete/missing meta data on select providers (can extract full job descriptions, companies, locations and logos directly from the site providers – not always guaranteed to work!)
- Moved ‘Fetch Logos’ checkbox to the ‘Import Details’ section
- Moved logos fetching and geocoding previously done while the RSS feed was loaded to the main import process (improves RSS feeds loading speed)
- Added New settings page with several options:
- — General:
. Imported Jobs Filter – Displays new filters for filtering jobs by ‘type’ (imported jobs/regular jobs)
. Providers Filter – Displays new filters for filtering jobs by ‘provider’
. Jobs Provider Column – Display a new column on job listings with the job provider site
. Duplicates Behavior – Choose to ignore or update duplicate jobs
. Google API Key – Specify your Google Maps API key to use geolocation and reduce API limits
. Rate Limit – Geocoding rate limit (number of locations geocodes per second)
. Status – Choose the status to be assigned to imported jobs
. Read More Text – Specify the read more text appended to job description excerpts (default is […])
. Canonical Links – Improve SEO with canonical links pointing to the source URL
. Debug Log – Enable it to generate a report to debug any issues with the support team
- — Scheduler:
. Start time – Set the approximate time for the import schedules to start
. Interval – Set the interval between schedule runs
- The ‘Smart Assign’ feature will now search for taxonomy terms (job types and categories) on any custom RSS feed tag hooked to the ‘goft_jobs_providers_valid_item_tags’ filter
- Introduce custom function for reverse geocoding locations (fixes some location ‘Anywhere’ issues where a location exists)
- Company logos from imported jobs are now displayed on the job listings backend page
- Check for Indeed company names in the job title
- Removed ‘CareerBuilder’ as provider since it no longer provides RSS feeds
- Updated ‘jobsproblogger.net’ provider (now called ‘problogger.com’)
- Added ‘seek.com.au’ to the list of RSS providers
- Added new filters
- Use ‘wp_kses()’ instead of ‘strip_tags()’ for sanitizing job descriptions
- Added ‘nopaging’ to the query that checks for duplicate jobs
- Security and performance fixes (update is highly recommended!)
- Schedules being “stuck” with no response
- Laying foundations for upcoming major new version
- Schedules authors not saving correctly
- W3 Total Cache plugin sometimes causing import process to fail
- Multi-country providers not inheriting main provider settings (ignoring location and other meta)
- JobRoller theme check sometimes giving false ‘not installed’ positives
- Added 30 seconds time interval schedule runs (interval time can be customized using the filter – ‘goft_jobs_schedules_interval_sleep’)
- Added multi-country provider ‘monster.com’ (US, Canada, UK, France, Germany and Netherlands) with location meta
- Fatal error on plugin install screen
- Fatal errors when viewing the plugins page
- Conflicts with WooCommerce ‘select2’ libraries causing weird visual issues in import jobs page
- Minor fixes
- Tweaked UI
- Replaced simple providers dropdown with fancier ‘Select2’ dropdown
- Added ‘Smart Assign’ option to terms group (automatically assigns the best term(s) to each imported job considering jobs content)
- Added ‘Keyword’ filtering option to filter imported jobs using keywords
- Added log meta box to schedule pages (provides stats info on imported, duplicates, and total excluded jobs)
- Added ‘Advanced/Basic’ toggle under the ‘Screen Options’ for toggling between basic/advanced import settings
- Added guided help tour
- Added ‘Screen Options’
- Added ‘Help’ tab
- Added new generic RSS providers: trabajos.com, us.jobs
- Invalid ‘Create Template’ link under schedule pages
- Use ‘the_content’ filter for feeds description (fixes HTML entities not properly converted on some RSS feeds)
- Strip tags in titles (fixes HTML tags showing in post titles on some RSS feeds)
- Added Option to force load a feed (for feeds that although valid may fail to load)
- Feeds not loading in Firefox
- Revamped UI
- Added 25+ list of ready to use RSS feed providers
- Added custom RSS feed builder for select providers
- Added Detailed instructions on how to find and setup jobs RSS feeds
- Auto-fill meta fields like location, company name and company logo for select providers
- Allow featuring job imports in listings and/or category pages
- Optionally allow fetching company logos from RSS feeds
- Automatically create a sample RSS template and schedule on new installs
- Integration with ‘FXtender Pro’ for displaying company thumbnails on imported jobs (select providers only)
- Added image uploader for RSS providers and companies logos
- Code refactoring
- Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in WordPress 4.4.
- The imported jobs more text ‘[…]’ and the source logo links are now added using ‘the_content’ filter instead of being embedded during import (easier to remove using ‘remove_filter()’)
- ‘How to Apply’ field for imported jobs always hidden from non logged users ignoring the ‘Only registered users can apply for jobs’ option
- Duplicate jobs check failing in some cases
- Fatal error on PHP versions prior to 5.3
- Missing jobs description during import