AppThemes brings you the Good Old Classipress 3 child theme, an attractive child theme for ClassiPress brings back the good old look of Classipress 3. Good Old Classipress 3 gives you the style and look of Classipress 3 but uses the new Classipress 4 framework. This child theme supports all the features and functions of ClassiPress.
Is this child theme included in AppThemes Club subscriptions?
Yes. All child themes created by AppThemes are included in AppThemes Club subscriptions.
What app theme does this child theme work with?
It works with ClassiPress 4.0 or newer. It does not work with any other themes from AppThemes.
How do I get support for this child theme.
Support is provided by the AppThemes support team in our support forums.
Installing the Theme
- First, make sure you have the latest version of ClassiPress installed and active on your website. If you have not completed this step yet, read the “Getting Started Guide” on our docs site.
- Download the child theme files from your customer dashboard and save to your computer.
- In WordPress admin, go to left column menu > Appearance > Themes.
- Click the “Install Themes” tab.
- Click the “upload” link.
- Click the “Browse” button to find the theme files on your local computer.
- Once the theme is finished installing, click “Activate”.
Required Configuration Changes
Apply the following changes to your site after you install the child theme. These configuration changes are needed to give it the full Classipress 3 look.
#1) Edit the home page. The “Search For…” page of Classipress 4. Then set the page template to “CP 3.9 Ads Home Template”
Also, remove any content from this page. Then save it.
#2) Go to the Widgets menu. Add the “CP Child Theme – Featured ads slider” widget to the “Homepage” widget area. Remove the “Classipress Home Featured Listings” widget.
#3) Optionally, you can add the “CP Child theme – Home Tabs” widget to the “Homepage” widget area. Its shows the listing with “latest”, “popular” and “random” listing tabs.
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
Please visit the dedicated support forum.