NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VANTAGE 4.0
WHAT IS CUSTOM MAP PINS?
- Custom pin icon for each category (listings in multiple categories will take pin icon of category higher in the alphabet).
- Optional pin clustering to aid in better navigation and displaying of map pins.
- Optional info popup on listings (multiple listings at same location has this by default) single listings you can turn on / off.
- Adjust the map height to suit your site.
- Disable mouse wheel zoom on map.
- Set default zoom level on single listing maps.
- Set custom pin for use on locations with multiple listings in one spot.
- Free sample pack available from my website. Includes example icons and blank pins.
Custom Map Pins for AppThemes WordPress directory theme Vantage is a simple yet much-needed plugin giving you a much-improved map widget for your site.
This plugin wasn’t created for the sake of creating a plugin, but to solve a genuine problem faced by a real world project. Multiple categories on the directory site needed to have a different pin on the map to help differentiate the listing categories from each other.
Unfortunately AppThemes – Vantage WordPress theme didn’t offer this as standard and there wasn’t a solution out there that did exactly what was required for the project in question.
Which is why we developed – Vantage – Custom Map Pins.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Its core purpose it to allow you to set custom map pin images for each category under your listings and events. No more having to use the default pins for listings and events, spice up your map and customise pins on a per category basis using your own pin images or the free ones included.
We’ve also added the additional feature of map clustering, allowing you to cluster pins that are close together making your map look neater.
What’s more you can disable clustering if you prefer to have all your pins showing.
What about situations where you have multiple listings at the same address? They might be tied to an event or multiple listings but by default Google maps can only show one pin and this is no good for users wanting to browse listings at the same address.
Vantage Custom Map Pins allows your to set a pin to be used in cases where multiple listings are in the same location, instantly letting your visitors know there’s more going on at that location.
Plus you can enable this popup box to show for all listings or only places where there’s multiple listings at the same location. Giving you complete control.
By default, the Vantage Google map is a mere 300px high. Which isn’t very big, not in todays world with big modern screens. Plus it can make things a bit cramped with all your pins. With Custom Map Pins you can easily set the height of the multiple listing map widget giving you a nicer bigger map for your visitors to view.
We also give you the ability to disable ‘mouse wheel scrolling’ which stops the map from zooming in and out as you scroll over it with your mouse.
All these settings are easily controlled from within the Vantage – Custom Map Pins settings page from your WordPress dashboard.
Also to ensure maximum compatibility with child themes, the map widgets use the same styling as the original Vantage maps. Meaning that should your child theme make styling changes to the maps, they should carry over with this plugin.
ALSO AVAILABLE IS A FREE ‘FLAT’ PIN PACK. 3 STYLES OF PINS, ALL READY TO USE ON YOUR VANTAGE SITE WITH CUSTOM MAP PINS. EACH STYLE HAS 11 COLOURS, WITH BOTH AN ICON FILLED VERSION AND WITHOUT. MAKING IT EASY FOR YOU TO GET STARTED WITH YOUR OWN CUSTOM PINS. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS FROM HERE.
Child Themes Confirmed as supported:
We have a video walk-through on YouTube showing you how to install and setup the plugin.
In written format:
- Upload and active plugin
- Upload your map pin images to your WP media library
- Edit your listing / event categories and add the URL to the pin images for each category
- go to ‘Custom Pins’ settings page and enter the width and height of your pin images
- Adjust any other settings as you wish
- Swap existing map widgets for the new VCMP widgets
Support will be provided through the AppThemes forums.
V1.1.2 18th November 2016
- Fixed intermittent bug that affected a minority of hosts when activating plugin.
V1.1.1 24th June 2016
- Fixed bug with multiple listings only showing 2 listings per location.
V1.1 22nd June 2016
- Added support for multiple listings at same location
- Adding ability to increase map height
V1.07 19th May 2016
- Update to support older PHP versions
V1.05 9th May 2016
- Initial Release