Switch off the delete button in the user dashboard for the Vantage and ClassiPress themes.
You may not want your site users to delete listings. With this plugin you can easily hide the delete button in the user dashboard.
The Switch Off Delete Plugin is compatible with all versions of the Vantage theme!
Version 4.0 of the Vantage theme was a complete rebuild by the AppThemes team and is vastly different from earlier theme versions. However, our plugin was rebuilt with backwards compatibility for earlier versions of the Vantage theme (i.e. our plugin will work with all versions of the Vantage theme!).
Will this work with other themes in the future?
Answer: The current release is solely for the Vantage and ClassiPress themes. However, we’ll also consider adding compatibility for other themes in the future.
Why doesn’t my Vantage site have the ‘Delete Listing’ button to begin with?
Answer: The ‘Delete Listing’ button was added in the version 1.4 release of the Vantage theme, earlier versions did not have this feature.
Install through WordPress – administration dashboard
- Click ‘Plugins’
- Click ‘Add New’
- Click ‘Upload Plugin’
- Click ‘Browse’ and navigate to the location where you saved the zipped plugin package, click on the package: switch-off-delete.zip
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Click ‘Activate Plugin’
Install manually using FTP
- Extract folder and files from the zipped archive: switch-off-delete.zip
- Upload the folder to your website directory, placing it in the plugins folder: wp-content/plugins
- Activate the plugin in the ‘Installed Plugins’ section of the administration dashboard
We offer customer support through a dedicated section on the AppThemes forum:
We’ll be notified of any new posts in the support area and will respond as soon as possible (we’re based in Australia, the time zone is: UTC/GMT +11 hours).
- Plugin updated for Vantage theme version 4.0 and newer.
- NOTE: Version 4.0 of Vantage is a complete rebuild by the AppThemes team and is vastly different from earlier theme versions. However, our plugin has been rebuilt with backwards compatibility for earlier versions of the Vantage theme (i.e. our plugin will work with all versions of the Vantage theme).
- Updated to make use of the AppThemes API for updates.
- Updated author details on the plugin settings page.
- Updated links in plugin details section.
- First release