The Multi-City JR Plugin gives you the ability to add location based filters on sites powered by the JobRoller job board directory theme. Once a location is selected by the user, they will only see the jobs and resumes from that location, until they switch to another region or choose to browse from all cities. The plugin comes with a widget to add to the sidebar, in addition to give you the ability to place the location drop down menu in the top navigation.
- Gives your users the ability to select a city/town and only browse jobs and resumes from their region
- Comes with a widget that allows the location select menu to be placed on the sidebar
- Optionally add the select menu in the top navigation automatically
- Homepage and category pages filter by the selected city automatically
- Control which cities the site can be filtered by
- Integrates with default, customized or child theme versions of the JobRoller by AppThemes
- Compatible with JobRoller 1.6.4 onwards including the latest JobRoller version
- Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open JobRoller → JMC Plugin Options page and read instructions to setup the plugin.
From February 2015, support will only be available via email from our email address .
Before you email us, please make sure you have browsed/searched through product forum for the answer to your question, and have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
1.0.4 (24/04/2015) FIXES: - Escaped output of function add_query_arg() to prevent XSS security vulnerability - Fixed notices appearing when debug set to on NEW: - Added "Region" field for better location management 1.0.3 Bug-fix release, recommend updating immediately 1.0.2 Made compatible with JobRoller 1.7 1.0.1 Added caching to category counts for faster page loads 1.0 Initial release version (at the time of JobRoller 1.6.4)