The Ad Scroller plugin provides you a great way to monetise your AppThemes powered website by allowing you to add banner or text ads, whether from Google Adsense or from another source to both sides of your web page container via the Widgets page on the admin back end. These ads will stay visible as the users scroll down the content area by staying in their positions. The plugin is ideal for displaying 120×600 or 160×600 skyscraper ads.
- Monetise the extra space either side of your webpages with sticky ads
- Ideal to display 160×600 or 120×600 Skyscraper banner ads
- Compatible with all AppThemes themes and marketplace child themes
- Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance → Widgets page in the back end
- Add “text” widgets to “Ad Scroller Left” and “Ad Scroller Right” sidebars and paste the ad codes in them
From February 2015, support will only be available via email from our email address .
Before you email us, please make sure you have browsed/searched through product forum for the answer to your question, and have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
- Fixed flicker while scrolling on some browsers
- Edited core library to make it personalised
- Made compatible with all AppThemes themes and majority of child themes
- Completely revamped the code to setup and display ads
- Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.3
- Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.2.1
- Fixed scroll error in IE8
- Initial release version (at the time of ClassiPress 3.1.9)
5 reviews of “Ad Scroller”
Finding good locations to insert ads is very difficult, and other plugins create the space horizontally, meaning, if you put an ad there, it “pushes down” the main content. What I really like about ad scroller it creates space on the sides, which does not effect the site itself.
You can see my ad scroller in action here:
By the way, if you don’t mind, once you are on my site, please be kind and click on one of the ads…thanks!