WP Relevant Ads CP is a super flexible contextual Adverts manager that allows you to display Advertising Ads based on taxonomy terms (categories, tags, custom categories, etc…). As a quick example, you can display Automotive related Adverts when users are browsing automotive listings, or Sports related Adverts when users are browsing sport related listings.
Ads in WP Relevant Ads CP behave and work just like normal posts thus providing the same powerful features and flexibility you already familiar with. Publishing, Deleting, Drafting or Scheduling Ads are as easy as you are used to. This also means that by using Advertisting Ads as regular posts you can display any type of Ad: text, image, video, etc.
Adding to the already familiar functionality, WP Relevant Ads CP gives you granular control of when, where and to whom to show Advertising Ads since they can be displayed/triggered using Widgets, Shortcodes, jQuery Selectors or Hooks and can be targeted to specific user roles.
With WP Relevant Ads CP your Advertising space instantly becomes more valuable since you can sell targeted Ads for specific categories and terms. No more wasting your site Advertising space with irrelevant Ads!
Who Cares? I don’t even like Advertisements!
Not a problem, don’t go away just yet. Another advantage of using familiar posts as Advertising Ads is that you can use WP Relevant Ads CP to display any content, not just Ads. You can leverage it’s power to display any type of content on your site, anywhere! Keep reading…
Since Ads act like posts, you are free to create Ads with any content, raging from basic text to full featured video Ads. As you create each Ad you can assign it to one or multiple taxonomy terms, optionally set an expiring date and, importantly, choose which user roles should see them! Additionally, you can set your own CSS classes or styles directly on the Ad.
Just like posts, Ads have their own categories. This helps you group your Ads with meaningful names like ‘Big Banners’, ’Small Banners’, ‘Widgets’, etc.
Call to Action
WP Relevant Ads CP provides a ‘Call to Action’ option meant to help you sell Ad slots. This option allows you to set any Ad as a ‘Call to Action’ Ad that is meant to redirect users to a sales page. When clicked, these Ads will immediately redirect users to your sales page.
As mentioned above, you can trigger (position and display) Ads using Widgets, Shortcodes, jQuery Selector or Hooks. This means that you can display Ads anywhere on your theme, even if your theme does not provide any Ad slots. To help you positioning the Ads, WP Relevant Ads CP is loaded with known ClassiPress Hooks and jQuery Selectors *** that can be used as Ad placeholders.
*** jQuery selectors are dependent on CSS styles. Since child themes apply CSS changes, some selectors might not work as expected on some child themes. If you are using WP Relevant Ads with a child theme and cannot display Ads using jQuery selectors please inform me in the support forum and I will make it work.
Choose your Targets
One of the great features on WP Relevant Ads CP is the possibility to display Ads to specific user roles. This is a great way to convert non-registered users. Why not display Ads only to visitors? Or maybe display them only for non premium user roles? It’s your choice. The only limit are your site user roles.
Flexible Ads Widget
Besides all the great features already described above, WP Relevant Ads CP provides a very flexible widget that can display Ads vertically or as a 125×125 grid, from an existing Ad category. Additionally, you can set a minimum and a maximum number of Ads to display. If the minimum number you set is superior to the available Ads, the empty slots will be filled with ‘Call to Action’ Ads, if available.
Detailed How To
To help you get started, WP Relevant Ads CP provides a detailed instructions page with a quick start guide and information on how each of the Ad triggers works.
- Pre-Set Ad Placeholders
- Each WP Relevant Ads version is bundled with pre-set placeholders (hooks and jquery selectors) for the related theme
- For example, WP Relevant Ads for ClassiPress provides known ClassiPress hooks and jquery selectors ready to be used as placeholders for Ads.
- Suitable for displaying any content
- Not interested in showing Ads? Use WP Relevant Ads CP to display any content you like!
- Prioritize Ads
- Charge more for top positions
- Group Ads
- Ads can be grouped by category
- Ignore Terms
- Create Ads with empty terms to display them anywhere (best for Ads on front page)
- Limited Time Ads
- Specify Ads expiring date
- Get notifications on expiring Ads
- Customize Ads
- Define CSS styles/classes for each Ad
- Ads can be displayed vertically (stacked) or horizontally (inline)
- Targeted Ads
- Choose which user roles see each Ad
- Flexible Widget
- Integrated widget can double as a stacked Ads widget or as a 125×125 Ads widget
- Limit Ads
- Limit the number of Ads displayed (available for Widgets and Shortcodes)
- Minimum Ads
- Automatically populate empty Ad slots with Call to Action (‘Your Ad here’) Ads (available on Widgets and Shortcodes)
- Download the plugin from your customer dashboard
- Login to your WordPress site and visit “Plugins” => “Add New” in the sidebar
- Click on “Upload” and then “Choose File”. Browse to the ‘wp-relevant-ads-classipress.zip’.
- Click on the “Install Now” button
- On the plugins page, scroll down and find “WP Relevant Ads (for ClassiPress)”. Click on the “Activate” link.
- You’ll then be redirected to the plugin page
- You’re now ready to display relevant Ads!
- Taxonomy terms not being saved
- Added options for changing the markup for grouped ads
- fatal errors while activating the plugin
- internal code changes for better theme compatibility