This product has been retired and it is no longer updated or supported after the release of ClassiPress 4.x. It only works up till ClassiPress 3.6.x. but we provide no guarantees it will work on your older version. Please exercise caution before purchasing or renewing a license for it.
ClassiEstate is a responsive ClassiPress child theme which will turn your ClassiPress website into a Real Estate website! ClassiEstate also comes with a large featured image slider for the homepage, and the layout of the single page is structured to meet the needs of a property listings website. But the best of the lot is the “Form Generator”, which after you import the categories from an XML file will insert relevant “Add Listing” forms and custom fields and map them to the categories.
- Fully responsive layout
- Categories and submission forms pre-configured for a Real Estate website
- Slider Ultimate plugin worth $19 bundled to add a large featured slider on the homepafe
- Large main photo on the property details page
- Comprehensive “Additional Features” list
- Featured ad ribbon on ad listing and single pages
- Auto-replace “Poster” with “Owner”, ”Agent” and “Dealer”
- Top Ad Posters Widget
- Social Media Sharing on Ad pages
- BONUS: Extra Sidebar for Ad Category and Tags Archive Page
- Compatible with ClassiPress 3.5+
Installation & Support
- Extract zip in the /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Find slider-ultimate.zip in /wp-content/themes/classiestate/assets/ folder and extract the plugin zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the ClassiEstate theme through the ‘Appearance’ menu in WordPress.
- Locate the file “classiestate_import.xml” in the ClassiEstate Zip Archive and use Tools → WordPress Importer on the Admin Panel to import the file. Make sure you tick the “Import Attachments” box. This will include some dummy ads, but more importantly, the relevant ad categories which are an essential part of this installation.
- Don’t forget to tick the import attachment box. Once the dummy content is imported, go to ClassiPress → ClassiEstate Options page on the Admin Panel and locate the “Generate Forms” button under the title. Click on it to auto-install category-specific forms, the required custom fields and even associate the forms with their respective categories.
- Click “Generate Forms” to add category specific forms and fields. The forms should now be installed and associated with the categories, almost magically!
- The forms are magically installed and associated with the categories! Almost done now and configure the “ClassiEstate Child Theme Options and hit “Save Changes”, and then check the front end of your website.
Your new Real Estate Listing website is up and running now. You may now delete the dummy ads, and also remove the fields and categories that you think are not relevant to your website, and add more forms, categories and fields just like you would on any ClassiPress installation!!
From February 2015, support will only be available via email from our email address .
Before you email us, please make sure you have browsed/searched through product forum for the answer to your question, and have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
- Fixed issues with the "Top Poster" widget
- Fixed bugs elsewhere in the theme
- Fixed Pinterest share not appearing
- Fixed "View Calendar" link
- Removed large slider and bundled Slider Ultimate in the theme
- Removed slider options
- Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.5
1.6.0 Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.4, added options to set labels, and fixed bugs
1.5.2 Fixed CSS issue with image linking from another website
1.5.1 Maintenance update fixing bug in admin panel preventing options from being changed
1.5 Made responsive as well as compatible with ClassiPress 3.3 and added Pinterest share button.
1.4.2 Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.2.1
1.4.1 Single ad page gallery issue is fixed
1.4 Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.2
1.3 On slider,translated the ‘More info’ button and made the title shorter and fixed IE display issues
1.2 Added loop-featured.php to the child theme
1.1 Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.1.9
1.0 Initial release version (at the time of ClassiPress 3.1.8)