Hides private content (fields) from users without certain Roles or Membership Packs and replaces it with another content.
The plugin improves ACFCP build-in “For Logged-in” option and provides following additional options for each field:
- Placeholder: Text, which not trusted users will see on page (for ex. “This field hidden for not logged-in!”). If empty, the field will not shown for not trusted at all. Also works with ACFCP build-in option “For Logged-in”.
- Allowed Memberships: Membership Packs IDs delimited by commas to display this field. If empty or user is Admin – there will no restrictions by Membership.
- Allowed Roles: WP Roles delimited by commas to display this field. If field is empty or user is Admin – there will no restrictions by roles.
For example you can use it for field “Phone Number”, if you want hide this field from not logged-in users or from search engines and other bots. They are will see only “Placeholder” text, which you can set for each field separately.
Ideal for use in pair with ACFCP Add-on “ACF :: Hyperlink”.
Requires ACFCP 2.3+, ClassiPress 3.2+ WordPress 3.0+.
- Be sure, you have installed ACFCP plugin version 2.3 or newer
- Download the Plugin zip file acf-privacy.zip
- Open WP Admin dashboard -> Plugins -> Add new -> Upload
- Upload and activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Find the menu “ClassiPress” on the WordPress administration page. Select the lower point “ACF options” -> “Ad fields” (or “Profile fields”) -> sub tab “Conditional Display Options” and proceed to configure fields.
- Deactivate and Delete installed plugin from plugins page
- Repeat all steps from manual install (see above)
Or Use AppThemes Updater Plugin
Language Packs are located in the folder
Installing Language Packs:
- Open folder
- Find Pack file for your language with name
acf-privacy-[LANGUAGE CODE]_[COUNTRY CODE].mo*.
See the complete list of language codes and country codes to find your exact locale.
- Copy this file to WordPress common localization folder
- Open “ACF Options” page and start to work with plugin.
* Note: If a language pack doesn’t exist for your language, you’ll have to create it yourself. AppThemes “How to Translate a WordPress Theme” tutorial will explain how to do it.
If you have translated plugin yourself, you can contact me and send the language pack. I’ll include your files in the plugin package for further uses.
From February 2015, support will only be available via email from our email address .
Before you email us, please make sure you have browsed/searched through product forum for the answer to your question, and have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
1.0.2 – 17/09/2015
- Fixed issues with filters being applied under popular and random tab
1.0.1 – 02/09/2015
- Fixed issues with user roles
1.0 – 16/06/2013