Ever felt like charging your classified ad publishers for custom fields or the number of images? The ACF :: Paid Fields plugin for ClassiPress will set you free! Now you can just decide what fields are worth charging extra for, set a price for them and relax. The plugin will also let you charge for the number of images. You can set a price for a single image, two images, and so on until the maximum number of images allowed for your users.
Why Should I Get This?
Here’s why! The ClassiPress theme comes with limited pricing models. While ad packs and category based pricing offer flexibility to some extent, there is little to differentiate different ads within the same category except the built in “Featured Ads”. We set about to correct that a few months ago and came up with the CP Premium Add-ons plugin that allows you to create different visual add-ons for different amount of prices and validity.
HOWEVER,we know some of the information you let your customers post is a lot more worth than you are getting from it. So we have gone a step ahead and written a plugin that lets you price each field, so that you can offer them at a price to the privileged few who would pay! Contact numbers, video links, other commercial information, charge for whatever you want! You can even charge for posting an image, or any number of images! So make your efforts worthwhile by employing the different type of pricing that ACF :: Paid Fields includes.
There are two types of pricing models available per custom field, field pricing and value based pricing:
- Field price, if set on a field, will be charged for adding any value to the field, i.e. only leaving the field empty will avoid incurring the charge. You can set this on what you think of as special fields worth charging for, like a YouTube video link or a phone number.
- Value based price, on the other hand, lets you add variable pricing depending on the value of the field and is of two different types.
- For text based fields (text box and text area), you can charge a different price based on the number of characters entered by the users. For example you can charge $1.00 for more than 20 characters, $2.00 for more than 50 characters and so on for the description field, and so on.
- For multiple choice fields (drop downs, check boxes and radio buttons), you can charge a different price based on the value selected.
Additionally, you can charge for the number of images a user can add to their listings by setting a price for each number of image that one can possibly add to their listings. For example if you have set the maximum number of images to “3”, then you can set a different price to charge if a user adds one image, or two images or the maximum three images to his listings. You can easily make adding images a privilege and start charging per image, so that people who pay more get to display images and make their ad more visible!
Worried that your users will post free ads, then edit them to add values to chargeable ads? You don’t need to! The plugin will keep track of how much a user spent on paid fields while posting their ads, and when they edit them, will calculate the price again and in case of a positive difference, will only apply their changes after creating an order of the difference amount and waiting for it to be paid!
Consider this situation. You have set $2.00 for adding a phone number and $5.00 for adding any number of images. A user posted an free ad by ignoring all the paid fields and images, the plugin will remember the amount spent to be 0. When later the user edits the same listing and adds a phone number, the plugin will charge him $2.00 and will only update the ad after it is paid (this is particularly helpful when you are not moderating edited ads). If the user then edits the ad again and uploads images but removes the phone number, the plugin will add $5.00 to the order, but deduct the $2.00 already paid making the total order of $3.00. This will go on until the ad expires.
Advantages of Using ACF :: Paid Fields
- Charge users for adding phone numbers, video links, contact information or any other special privilege.
- Set variable pricing depending on how big the ad description is, i.e. based on the number of characters.
- Set variable pricing based on the state or country the ad is targeting.
- For property listings, charge different based on the type of property, or charge only brokers but not the owner.
- Charge for adding images, giving premium users a distinct advantage over non-paying users.
- Plays well with our ACFCP and CP Premium Add-ons plugins.
Note: The plugin requires ClassiPress 4.0.0 or above to work. Support is only available via email. Please do not post comments asking for support, instead click on the support tab above to find our email address.
- Download the plugin zip file acf-paid-fields.zip.
- Open WP Admin dashboard → Plugins → Add new -→ Upload.
- Upload and activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Find the menu “ClassiPress” on the WordPress administration page. Click on “ACF :: Paid Fields” link under it and proceed to configure the plugin.
Item support is only available via email from our email address:
Before you email us, please make sure you have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
1.1.0 - MAJOR UPDATE (11/07/2018) CHANGES: - Made compatible with ClassiPress 4.0.0 1.0.1 (22/07/2017) FIXES: - Membership percentage discount not being applied to total amount 1.0.0 (22/09/2016) - Initial Release Version (at the time of ClassiPress 3.5.7)