The Advanced Custom Fields for ClassiPress(ACFCP) plugin is a powerful tool for extending the ClassiPress theme.
It allows you to add and completely control extra Profile fields and custom Ad fields. Also ACFCP Plugin allows the interaction of custom profile fields with custom ad fields and vice versa.
ACF adds many of the most requested features for ClassiPress:
- Extra profile fields
- Different types of profile fields
- Formats of ad and profile fields (including Date Field with fully customizable Datepicker and validation of input values)
- Transform of ad and profile fields values (Capitalize, UPPERCASE, lowercase)
- Private fields (private allows only the author and administrators to see an ad or profile field while hiding it from other visitors and search engines)
- Display fields only for logged-in users
- Limit the number of input symbols, words
- Field formats validation and restrictions
Double-checking of Ad fileds and Profile fields during registration and editing
Checking occurs on the client side, and then on the server side
This provides advanced protection for your site from uninvited guests
Validation of fields on the client side allows the user to obtain accurate and structured information on the ad
- Custom validation messages (edit messages in your language and help your users fill forms properly)
- Default values for all fields
- Inherit values of the profile field in the ad field
- Control output fields on the various pages and forms:
- Registration user form
- Edit profile form
- Author’s page
- User sidebar
- Single ad page (usual field list)
- Single ad page separated area (style customizable block)
- Poster tab in Ad sidebar
- Ad Loops after title
- Ad Loop after description
- New ad form
- Edit ad form
- Ability to add custom CSS styles to fields output
- Ability to add the patch CSS files to be compatible with the style of your child theme
- Plugin settings can be exported to INI file, or imported from another file
- Compatible with WPML plugin
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite.
- Has own documented API
With this plugin you can easy create the most popular profile form fields such as:
- “First Name” and “Last Name” – core WordPress profile fields, which you can add to registration form
- “Accept Terms of Service” – checkbox for your registration form
- “User Tax ID” – Private profile field, which will see only Administrator (You) and the user (ad owner)
- “Country” / “State” / “City” / “Phone number” – Location fields, which can automatically fill in “Add new ad” form. Members who submit a lot of ads on your site – will be happy.
- “Date field” – Date of any format and location
And many others …
Add any formats to the ad and profile form fields:
If you have specific ad or profile fields such as: “Phone number” or “ZipCode”, which required specific formats of values – select neccessary format from the list of proposed (there are number, digits, phone, email, url, alfanumeric, etc…)
Limit the input data from the user through forms:
You can add limits to fill numbers, lenght, words, words sets – by criteria min / max / range
Using ACF API you can add:
- New Visibility options
- New Value modifiers
- New Value formats and restrictions
- New Plugin options to provide control of new created features
Installing ACFCP Plugin will save you from modifying the ClassiPress code and tedious transition to a newer version of the theme!!!
The plugin contains a very detailed help section for each property and method. Tooltips will assist you in customizing the plugin.
Plugin API Guide publihed on the Support Forum and provides detailed documentation with real life examples.
There are plans to update the plugin for each new version of the ClassiPress and adding more new features and enhancements over time.
Works with ClassiPress 3.2-3.5.x Requires WordPress 4 or higher.
- Hello, I just bought ACFCP Plugin. Where can I get Help and Support?
The plugin has a fairly detailed Help. You can find Help Button in right top corner of screen of your ACFCP setting dashboard. In addition you can move mouse to any property title and get tool tip! Also you can find dublicated Help in public pages. On the Forum. Or On the ACFCP Test Site.You can see Video Tutorials how to use this plugin. All questions regarding this plugin can be posted vie email to the address mentioned under the support tab. Please, try not to ask questions via private messages.
- Where can I find ACFCP Settings Page?
Open WP Admin Dashboard –> ClassiPress –> ACF Options
- I want to add custom profile fields in registration form, also i want inherit their values to the Ads. What i need to do?
You need to add new profile fields or use prepeared fields from the box.Open ACFCP settings –> Profile fields –> Push the button “Add field” and fill new row.Then Profile fields –> Display options –> Check boxes in column “Registration form field” in line with necessary fields.
- I want to add custom Profile or AD fields in Ads loop in line with Ad Category and Author. What i need to do?
Open ACFCP settings –> Profile fields –> Display options –> Check boxes in column “Loop ad top” or “Loop ad bottom” in line with necessary fields.If you wand display Ad fields – Use same properties in tab “Ad fields”
The Plugin developed for a specific version of ClassiPress! After each update ClassiPress Plugin source code review. This may take some time.
Be prepared that if you upgrade ClassiPress before the release of upgrade Plugin – the Plugin turns off (for not to cause potential errors). The Plugin resume work on the condition that his version is compatible with the version of ClassiPress.
- Download the Plugin zip file advanced-custom-fields-for-classipress.zip
- Open WP Admin dashboard -> Plugins -> Add new -> Upload
- Upload and activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Find the menu “ClassiPress” on the WordPress administration page. Select the lower point “ACF options” and proceed to configure the Plugin.
- Export ACF plugin settings to the INI file (just in case)
- Deactivate and Delete installed ACF plugin from plugins page
- Repeat all steps from manual install (see above)
Starting with plugin version 2.3, was implemented internationalization system of plugin settings content.
Language Packs and Portable Object Template are located in the folder
Installing Language Packs:
- Open folder
- Find Pack file for your language with name
advanced-custom-fields-for-ClassiPress-[LANGUAGE CODE]_[COUNTRY CODE].mo*.
See the complete list of language codes and country codes to find your exact locale.
- Copy this file to WordPress common localization folder
- Open “ACF Options” page and start to work with plugin.
* Note: If a language pack doesn’t exist for your language, you’ll have to create it yourself. AppThemes “How to Translate a WordPress Theme” tutorial will explain how to do it.
If you have translated plugin yourself, you can contact me and send the language pack. I’ll include your files in the plugin package for further uses.
ACFCP plugin supports Multi Language feature provided by WPML plugin.
Read more about compatibility conditions here
From February 2015, support will only be available via email from our email address:
Before you email us, please make sure you have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
This plugin was acquired by the seller “mohsinoffline” from the original author “dikiyforester” because the author was too busy with his work at AppThemes. We hope to carry forward his good work and hopefully make it better going forward!
From the original author:
Advanced Custom fields for ClassiPress – is my first plugin. And I love ACFCP very much and always care about improving it
You can also contribute to improving.
Report on the Support Forum if:
- You find error or bug
- You have great idea regarding new feature
- You have a problem with compability with another plugin or child theme
- You want to show off your site, which use ACFCP – post link to ACFCP showcase
If you just want to express your opinion about the plugin – write a Review on this page or Rate plugin in star-rating.
2.3.18 – 06/08/2016
- Fixed recurrent JS issues on registration page when “jQuery from CDN” is active
2.3.17 – 05/07/2016
- Fixed Datepicker not working since the 2.3.16 update
2.3.16 – 08/06/2016
- Fixed JS issues on registration page when “jQuery from CDN” is active
2.3.15 – 04/06/2016
- Removed self-deactivation feature
2.3.14 – 25/02/2016
- Updated DNA Framework
- Disabled/Hidden checkboxes that are not required in the ad field settings
- Text Transform filter removed from posting to display module
2.3.13 – 26/11/2015
- Text Transform filter not working
- Text Transform filter removed from posting to display module
2.3.12 – 26/08/2015
- Endless loop problem in CP 3.4.1 and before
2.3.11 – 26/08/2015
- Made compatible with ClassiPress 3.5+
- Implemented Dashicons
- Added “loop meta” integration for compatibility with all child themes
2.3.10 – 29/07/2015
- Fixed PHP validation error handling on ad forms for ClassiPress 3.4+
- Fixed validation message overlapping other elements on registration form
- Styled drop down fields on registration form
- Made double quote (“) optional at the end in height format
2.3.9 – 14/05/2015
- Fixed backslashes being added to form values on unsuccessful submission
- New height format added to form builders
2.3.8 – 22/12/2014
- Added new filters in admin side for improved extensibility
2.3.7 – 18/12/2014
- Successful message for saved settings
2.3.6 – 17/12/2014
- Fixed bug in inheriting profile fields in new ad form
2.3.5 – 03/12/2014
- Compatibility with ClassiPress 3.4
2.3.4 – 13/03/2014
- Fixed styles in Ad Details area
- Save URL on user registration
- Compatibility with Simply Responsive child theme
220.127.116.11 – 06/01/2014
- Version compare bug on enqueue scripts
- Error notices on server side fields validation and plugin activation
2.3.3 – 04/01/2014
- No Author details
- wp_register_style was called incorrectly in admin area
- Using deprecated function get_the_author_id()
2.3.2 – 02/01/2014
- Compatibility with ClassiPress 3.3.2
- Avoid space in username
- Server-side validation of non-latin strings
- Avatar in ad loop disappear
- “Full Details” area is not translatable (changed to “Ad Details”)
- WPML translation of “Full Details” area fields
- Client-side validation of numbers
2.3.1 – 30/08/2013
- Drag&Drop profile fields on Settings tab breaks table
- Preserve standard ad field values if they are hidden on edit form (
- Subtabs area lost styles
- Tooltip script not loaded with CP3.3.1
- js validation of drop-downs for user fields
- Fixed styles enqueue
- WPML compatibility
2.3 – 27/05/2013
- Most Popular Tab Section on Homepage is missing information.
- Responsive Registration form width
- ACF filters issue fixed
- Ad fields values API control
- Missing ACFCP menu in CP3.2
- No ACFCP effect on Ad forms in CP3.2
- Import settings returns Error
- Ability to add new Datepicker fields through API
- New action hook ‘acf_enqueue_form_styles’ – allows to add styles on the forms after ACFCP styles
- New action hook ‘acf_enqueue_listing_styles’ – allows to add styles on Singe Ad page after ACFCP styles
- New action hook ‘acf_enqueue_form_scripts’ – allows to add scripts on the forms after ACFCP scripts
- Translatable ACFCP backend. Added ACFCP text domain
- Added Russian language pack
- Completed Help Section
2.2.1 – 01/05/2013
- Add New Custom field error fixed
- Responsive Registration form styles added
- ACF filters issue fixed
- ClassiPress 3.2 now supported. (For people who can’t update CP to newest version)
2.2 – 28/04/2013
- Edit profile fields in Admin dashboard
- Removed theme name check (strange
- Added action
acf_update_user_metabefore profile field update|save
- Added filter to ACFCP Settings tabs
- Improved ACFCP Settings API
- Added Display Option
Edit profile admin form.
To display the profile field on the edit form in the admin area,
regardless of the edit form fields in the front-end
- Same ACFCP version for ClassiPress 3.2.1 and 3.3
- Added AppThemes Product ID for autoupdates.
2.1.1 – 24/04/2013
- Fixed incompatibility with PHP5.2
2.1 – 21/04/2013
- Compability with ClassiPress 3.3
- Validation error messages for
range*limitations methods can contains placeholders.
2.0 – 21/03/2013
- new ACF functions framework
- new DNA framework for backend Options manage
- Help section removed. Will be added in new maintance release
- Whole code rewrited!
- Backend Options manage API:
- Allows add new properties for Profile and Ad fileds
- Allows add new sub tabs to Options pages
- Fields Visibility API:
- Allows add new custom restrictions (with any conditions) on fields visibility on various places.
- API for adding new custom Formats and Limitations.
- New visibility option
- Allows display field only on Fetured Ads
- New visibility option
- Allows display field only for logged-in users
- New Limitations:
minchoice– Makes multi checkboxes element require given minimum number of choices
maxchoice– Makes multi checkboxes element require given maximum number of choices
rangechoice– Makes multi checkboxes element require given range number of choices
- New Datepicker properties for limitation selectable dates:
- Added Ad fields server side validation
- Profile details now clickable
- Store 0 values for profile fileds
1.1.2 – 12/12/2012
- Warning message on drop-downs, checkboxes and radio-buttons on Registration and Edit profile forms
- Validation message on Registration and Edit profile forms go down after second appearing
1.1.1 – 10/12/2012
- In the loop displays only one item of multiple checkboxes.
Now, if you have on ad-loop some
checkboxfield with multiple values, these values displays separated by comma.
- Provided compability with new Appthemes ad form-builders, thats allow not affect
Edit Adforms html markup.
- Added styles for Headline childtheme registration form.
1.1 – 04/11/2012
required asterisksfor fields, if there is a limitation on the minimum input greater than 0.
- Fields on Ad loop dublicated in Random Ads Tab
- Profile fields causing Warning in Ad loop
- Description area in Edit Ad form Is out of form
- ReCaptcha appear in the middle when using custom fields in Registration form
- Changed folder structure
- Removed author.php and tpl-edit-item.php templates from plugin (now used core templates).
- Changed installation procedure.
- New option
Text Transformallows to transform text to Capitalize, UPPERCASE and lowercase before saving in database.
Useful for saving the Titles or other fields with the certain capitalization of text.
- Administrator can edit all profile fields, even if some fields disabled in Display options.
- New display option for Ad fields –
Single ad content– display Ad fields in the ad single page in separated style-customizable content area.
- New display option for Profile fields –
User sidebar– display fields in the users’s sidebar (Widget
- New display option for Profile fields –
Single ad sidebar– display fields in the Single ad sidebar (tab
- Ability to CSS-Stylize certain fields in all display areas. So you can add images instead titles and anything else.
- Ability to add CSS patches to plugin folder for style-compability with any child-theme.
1.0.2 – 30/09/2012
No ad details foundbug on Single ad listing in ClassiPress 3.1.8
- Profile fields
last_nameduplicated in DB if filled in registration form
- Allow HTML in field descriptions
- Problems when submit
Add new userform in admin dashboard (required hidden fields)
- Tab indexes in registration form not sequential
Added new action hooks (usage look in help section):
acf_loop_top($post)add action after title in loop ad meta (in line with author and category)
acf_loop_bottom($post)add action after description in loop ad meta (in line with posted and total viewed)
1.0.1 – 16/09/2012
- Error using ACF on Loop Ad
- Having issue with custom field showing in listing
- No need to set permissions to file acf_export.ini. (Now file is created on the fly during the export. Export folder is deleted from the project.)
- No need to replace author’s and edit ad templates. (Now this templates loads from plugin’s folder).
1.0 – 22/07/2012