The CP Premium Add-ons (CPPA) Plugin is an extremely powerful extension for ClassiPress theme that will let you create unlimited premium add-ons, each having its own price and validity period.
The ClassiPress theme only comes with a single premium add-on by default, which is the featured ads slider on the homepage, and as a classified site owner, we are pretty sure you would be interested in more ways to monetise your website. The CP Premium Add-ons plugin will allow you to create packages of different visual enhancements and offer them to your customer for a fee that is set by you for a period that you will decide. The built in visual enhancements, or “presets” are:
- Background Highlight: Choose any colour for highlighting ads.
- Ribbon Image: Allows you to upload and display any image on an ad at any position.
- List Top: Allows you to display ad on top of category page, search page, and homepage.
You can “mix and match” the aforementioned enhancements as part of your add-on, and give your customers full value for their money. For example you can charge your customers for a single add-on that will display their ad at the top of search results as well as have a “Top Ad” ribbon and a background highlight, or if you wish, have three different add-ons for each of the enhancements. You can also create different add-ons with exactly the same presets, charge them based on different timeframes. For example, you can have a “Top Ad 30 Days” set to run for for $10, and a cheaper option “Top Ad 1 Week” set to run for just 7 days for $3, giving your customers the same enhancements, just for different time periods.
Then, there is a small matter of associating the add-ons with membership or ad packages. We have got you covered here as well. Just add a list of comma separated IDs or membership packs or ad packs in the plugin settings and see them automatically applied when ads are posted as a part of packages.
- No limits to how many add-ons you can create.
- Add-ons can have their own prices.
- Add-ons can have their own duration.
- Add-ons can be selected and paid for during ad posting or re-listing process.
- Auto apply add-ons based to ads based on author IDs, ad pack IDs, or membership pack IDs.
- Built in visual enhancements like “background highlight”, “ribbon image”, or “top of list”.
- Possible to offer the same enhancements for different durations for different prices.
- Apply or remove add-ons on ads on the fly from the admin panel.
- Three sample add-ons when you install the plugin: “Urgent Ad”, “Top Ad” and “Highlight Ad”.
- Possible to create more enhancements using code.
- Export, import, or reset settings.
- Compatible with ClassiPress 3.5.2+.
The Plugin Defaults
To get you started, we have already included three sample add-ons: “Urgent Ad”, “Top Ad” and “Highlight Ad” each ready to be applied when you enable them. You can modify them, remove them or use them as they are, depending on how useful you find them.
- Download the plugin zip file cp-premium-add-ons.zip.
- Open WP Admin dashboard → Plugins → Add new -→ Upload
- Upload and activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Find the menu “ClassiPress” on the WordPress administration page. Click on “Premium Add-ons” link under it and proceed to configure the plugin.
Item support is only available via email from our email address:
Before you email us, please make sure you have read through the Support FAQs below:
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased product?
Your product purchase includes one year of access to premium support via email and one year or free updates. Beyond that, you will need to renew your subscription year on year for around 30% of the product price. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic product features, very basic WordPress help, and help with very basic theme customisaton. If you need more advanced modifications please consider hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Will you provide help with small modifications?
If you need to do small modifications, you may get help from us as long as they are reasonable in number and nature. If you have a lot of such modifications, please consider paid developer help.
- What kind of help would be unreasonable to ask?
This is not an easy question to answer. We are here to ensure that the product you purchased works as intended by us and serves its purpose on your website. That means if it doesn’t work for you, we can step in and help you with it. However, it is when there are no issues with the functioning of the product and all you want is help with modification, that demands start getting unreasonable.
As mentioned before, we don’t mind helping with modifications, but we also expect you to have tried everything to do it yourself. In other words, we expect you to have tried all the settings in your theme, ensured that the issue relates to the product in question, searched through legacy product support forum, and looked around on Google for the answer to your questions before approaching us. Please bear in mind that one theme, one child theme and a few plugins can get you only so far, and you will probably need to make changes to the code of your website to add functionality, change design and personalise it. In case of too many modifications, we will politely ask you to seek paid help.
- I am using one of your child themes. I am having an issue with it.
Please make sure the issue is really with the child theme by activating the parent theme and checking if the problem gets solved. Also please make sure you have tested all the settings in parent theme and child theme, sometimes the answer is right in there! Send us an email if the issue still persists.
- I am using one of your child themes. I need help with customisation.
As a pre-requisite, you are going to need a basic understanding of HTML & CSS to start customising the layout and style of your theme. To dig deeper PHP knowledge, specifically to WordPress, will help as well. The WordPress Codex is a great place to start learning. For CSS changes related to text colour, background colour, fonts, etc, please consider using the Firebug extension. A simple Google search returns many good text/video tutorials.
- Do you offer paid WordPress development services?
Yes we do depending on our work schedule. You can always run your requirements by us via email.
1.0.2 (27/02/2016) NEW - Added incompatibility notice for older versions of ACFCP - Added POT file for translation 1.0.1 (26/02/2016) FIXES - Incompatibility notice appearing on child theme 1.0.0 (26/02/2016) - Initial Release Version (at the time of ClassiPress 3.5.3)