Convert is conversion-focused and responsive Clipper child theme with premium features built just for online marketing professionals and affiliates. The design is clean and focused on generating clicks and profit from your website visitors. Perfect for search engine marketing experts and digital entrepreneurs, Convert is made so you can take your Clipper powered website to the next level.
This theme includes the following features:
- Fully Responsive design – The entire theme is responsive so it will display on tablets and mobile devices without issue. We’ve implemented a hamburger navigation when viewing on a mobile device so users can focus on what matters — your coupons and special offers!
- Customizable Homepage Banner – Utilize a widget-ready homepage banner to add a slider, include a call to action, featured content or a email capture form. You can use standard plugins or complex HTML, whatever you prefer.
- Rotating features stores – Showcase the logos of your most visited and featured stores in an automatically rotating area. Provide maximum visibility to your best sellers!
- Featured deals and coupons – Display your top converting and special offers right on the homepage in a two column format.
- Secondary Stores Area – Use this four-column area on the homepage to link to store pages and increase the SEO page rank of your most popular stores.
- Forced affiliate link open – Focus on maximizing revenue with a forced affiliate link open on every page whether revealing a coupon code or clicking through to a special offer. No matter what, you can make the affiliate money you deserve.
- Customized templates – We’ve gone extra lengths to customize the home page and interior page templates to give you a unique look at feel.
- SEO Friendly – The theme has been developed with search engine optimization best practices in mind, including dynamic date (month and year) title replacement on store pages and structure linking with your most popular stores.
- Base design for unlimited customization – No one likes to have the same exact looking site as someone else! We built convert with that in mind, make the default styles basic enough to look good but easy to customize.
Please note: This theme is built as a base for customization. Some of the default styles from the Clipper theme are used for widgets and category pages.
- Is this compatible with the latest version of WordPress? Yes
- What can I use on the homepage? Anything that can be used in a WordPress widget will work on the homepage main area.
- Does the theme author provide support? No support is provided, but we will fix any bugs that are identified in future releases.
- Does the theme author provide customization? No customization is provided.
Uploading the theme
Using WordPress dashboard:
- Go to WordPress Admin > Appearance > Themes.
- Install new theme.
- Select the Convert zip file and upload.
- Activate the theme.
How to setup the theme
The theme has an options area on the bottom of the WordPress admin sidebar called “Options”
How to customize the home page
- Adding featured coupons to homepage: To show a coupon on the homepage, please select “featured coupon” on the coupon post type detail page.
- Showcase stores on homepage: To showcase a store in the homepage carousel, please select “featured store” on the store detail page.
- If no stores are checked you will have a random selection of stores added. If only a few are checked it will rotate only those. Make sure to add enough featured stores if you use this option.
- Customize the logo: Go to WordPress admin > Options > Homepage logo and upload your image.
- How to customize the homepage hero banner: Add content to the page selected as home page in the WordPress settings area. Add any type of content — HTML, plugin shortcodes for buttons and form fields.
- Adding the search box – This is currently not offered on the homepage but will be in a future update.
How to customize the store page
- How to customize the “coupon code” call to action button text: We suggest using “Show Code” but you may add whatever text you’d like to use.
- How to customize the “promotion” call to action button text: same as above
- How to hide the navigation: Check “Hide Coupon Page Navigation” on Theme Options Page
- As a reminder, don’t make it too long because it can cause issues with mobile version of the page
- How To Add Store Description: Add the widget called “Store Description” to the store sidebar in the widgets area. Put lots of keyword rich content here and improve your page relevance for SEO